This 5 star (healthy) appetizer will be a hit with the whole family! Everyone will be wishing they didn’t just eat the last bite. Try it out.
What you’ll need:
- Grape Tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 6-8 basil leaves
- 16 oz french baguette, thinly sliced (1/4-1/2 inch)
- 1 TBS balsamic vinaigrette
- Pinch of pepper and salt for taste
- Fresh Mozzarella thinly sliced
- Chop tomato, onion, and basil. Combine in bowl. Add tablespoon-ish of balsamic vinaigrette, pinch of salt and pepper. Combine and set aside.
- Slice baguette and part-skim mozzarella- both pretty thin. Spread a tiny bit of olive oil on bread and place cheese on top of bread.
- Place under broiler until cheese bubbles and outer rim of bread is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and add tomato mixture.